Saturday 17 November 2007

Beating the bike thieves.

I got a new bike, I got a new bike, shiny shiny shiny shine...

Today I walked down to 'Trial' supermarket, which is kind of like an Asda, but bigger. Maybe it's on a par with 'Makro' back home, as it's pretty much a massive warehouse stacked with cheap stuff in bulk. It took a while to get there, as it's next to the urban expressway and the river, requiring a walk through a little dodgy underpass and constant stopping to wonder if you've gone the right way.
Bikes were cheap as hell, the most expensive being 19,000 Yen (about 100 quid, if that) but mine-the cheapest, as usual...only coast 6,700 Yen. Though it has a wheel ring lock, I got another, just to sock it to the bike robbing gits around here. Haha, you're not getting this one you scum, no way...Fort Knox style!

Sometimes I regret that I've decided to leave-especially when I (occasionally) buy new things for myself, like this. Still, it was a great buy though...

No comments: