Wednesday 19 December 2007

Wine and Cheese Party

After thinking about it for a while, I decided to go ahead with a wine and cheese evening in my apartment last Friday night (14th). Japan is not renowned for it's array of breathtaking dairy products, so I thought that getting hold of decent cheese would be a task.

However, in the end I managed to find a good booze warehouse around the back of my apartment for some decent wine, and our local supermarket started selling better cheese last week (something to do with Christmas, maybe?)

We had baguettes, crackers, feta, (decent) red peppers, tomatoes, cheddar, camembert, brie, blue cheese, etc etc... but then everyone I invited actually came (brilliant!) and they brought so much quality stuff that we didn't run out of cheese until well after things had died down. Thanks to everyone for the cheese, olives, booze, presents, cards, it was brilliant! Christmas is going to be a non-event here, so I think it was good that everyone got together, even if just for a little while.

Unfortunately, I have a tooth infection which was at It's swollen, painful height last weekend and couldn't eat or drink anything at the party. Sod's law in full force. I still had a great time though.
This was my apartment on Thursday night when I moved all of my furniture out of the way ready for Friday to get some atmos' going on...















AAAaaand this was my apartment on Saturday morning.....














A great night, evidence!

Here's a shot of (some) of the sheer volume of cheese we accumulated betwen us...(unfortunately, my massive swollen face had to be concealed behind a cheese slice).



1 comment:

Amazed said...

Merry Christmas Denise!
from Lorraine
xx